Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stories: Upstairs Vagina

Upstairs Vagina

Also during CBT, I had a way of explaining what I was trying to say by using lots of actions, elaborate gestures and facial expressions. Trying to explain to my host mom and the roommate one night that I wanted to go upstairs and go to sleep I found out some naughty words. I was acting out the difference of upstairs and downstairs. Had a wall been there I would have fooled them completely and they would have looked for the invisible set of stairs. Seeing at there was not, I was just stomping around, lowering myself bit by bit and then doing the opposite, saying “Upstairs-upstairs-upstairs, Downstairs-downstairs-downstairs,” back and forth, much to their delight. My host mom was ROFL, she was laughing so hard she was practically crying. Both the roommate and my mom were watching me, just laughing. I had no idea, so I asked her what was going on?! What was wrong? And she explained to me that “Upsheesh,” sounding very similar to “upstairs” means vagina in Tam. So I had been stomping around her kitchen, yelling out “Vagina-vagina-vagina” to her and her roommate. They loved it, and it was my first of many bad words.

No comments:

Post a Comment